++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Miracles Do Happen

First off, I left about 15 minutes later than I had planned for class this morning then realized, once I had gotten too far to turn around, that I had forgotten to switch my C-pass over from Bryan's car to my car this morning...meaning that even if I happened to find a spot in the C-lots this late in the morning (8:15), I wouldn't be able to park in it without getting a ticket. Illegally parking in the Parkplace apartment lot is usually my next resort, but I especially wanted to avoid this because I had just mailed in the $25 check yesterday for the parking ticket I received there last week. And two-hour parking was out because I have 5 classes in a row on Wednesdays. As you can see, all odds were stacked against me finding somewhere to park and getting to class on time.

Then I saw it...an open spot...on a street without a time limit (that in itself was a miracle)...and one even closer to my class than the C-lot. It was all so perfect, except for one thing...I would have to parallel park. And this wasn't a nice and easy, wide open type of parallel park job...this was one of those spots that are only open because most cars are too big to fit.

"So what?" you might say...well if so, then you have obviously never seen me try to parallel park. I am definitely not ashamed to say that I'm a pretty bad driver and a worse parallel parker. (Even in my little Jetta)

Ready for the miracle? Drumroll please...I did it. Like a pro on the FIRST try. (and it wasn't even sticking out in the road or up on the curb) I was so proud that I just stood there and looked at it for a while afterwards. Then I decided to blog about it so you can be proud of me too.:)

And because this is a rather dull post and you're probably wondering why you're still reading...I decided to add this video to spice things up. Though this level of parking may still be a bit beyond me, I think I'm well on my way. (Except maybe for that last one...I'm not sure what's going on there, it's a little weird.)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm seriously so proud of you Ashton! That happened to me once going to a courthouse to pay a ticket or something, I was so proud I took a picture! It feels great doesn't it!
PS Hope you two are doing great!
Love ya,
Natalie

Bry&Ash said...

Hey Natalie! Good to hear from you...and thanks for the understanding encouragement.:)

Bryan and I are doing very well. He's adjusting to work and I'm getting into the new swing of things for the semester.

I hope all of you are doing great these days too! (It was so good to see you and the new baby at Thanksgiving!)

L, Ann and boys said...

Good job Ash!Kudos!

Ann

Alesa said...

I detest parallel parking and avoid it at all costs :)...so kudos from me too!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Why do you have all the luck (seriously, I am a little mad). Check out my First Day of Peds post to understand. Love, J :)