++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to School

Yesterday was my first day back to Purdue. This is the second to last semester of my undergraduate career, so one would think that I would be excited. Sadly, this has not been the case...I've been dreading this for the past three weeks.

I decided, however, that we should and can be in control of our emotions. Though it may be cold and gross and driving an hour and fifteen minutes to campus three days a week at 6:30 in the morning may sound like cruel torture, I can't use that as an excuse to be sullen and depressed. This is a great opportunity to learn and I really should be thankful for where I am right now... So I've been trying to change my attitude by force (and prayer).

I think God was rewarding my efforts by making the weather miraculously wonderful yesterday.:)

So...originally I wanted to post some kind of depressing picture to depict the dreariness of school, but thanks to my recent reform, I managed to curb the temptation and find something nice and inspirational for me and all the rest of the tired students out there.:) Enjoy...and sorry I couldn't get the Hallelujah chorus to play along with it.


3 comments:

soccer pro said...

That is lovely Ash if only i could be so wise about going back to school like you!!!:)

L, Ann and boys said...

How sweet, that almost record breaking high must have felt like a nice hug. =o) I'm proud of you for working so hard. You left that nice white shirt here last night...you didn't want it? I could throw in a plastic sward if you'll take the shirt out of the closet and smuggle it to the car. he he
Ann

L, Ann and boys said...

Hey Ash, I don't think I'll be able to find a sitter for the FL adventure. =o( We'll try again next time.

Ann