++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The "I LOVE Winter" Post


No, I don't really love winter. I don't even slightly like winter. Actually, I completely understand why people end up going to Florida and skipping the whole thing. I'm only 20 and I already feel like every winter just gets colder and longer and more annoying. I personally think that global warming is a great thing and don't know what all the fuss is about.:)

So...in order to combat the winter blues, I decided to post about all the happy glories of winter.

#1. CHRISTMAS! (Of course that's number one and always will be)
#2. Snow shakes (snow, milk, vanilla and syrup...maybe not sanitary but pretty good)
#3. ...ok, now I'm struggling. Umm...waking up to the first snowfall
#4. The fresh slate of a new year
#5. Snow days (Sadly, not as frequent at Purdue...)
#6. Getting to wear fun hats, scarves, boots, etc.
#7. Being warm and cozy with a fire, a book, and hot chocolate (Bryan and I started our first fire in our real wood burning fireplace the other day...but no that is not us in the picture)
#8. Spinning for fun in icy parking lots? (I don't know, I've never really done that but I guess it could be fun)
#9. It's dark longer, which means we're allowed to sleep longer, right?
#10. And best of all...the dreadfulness of winter makes spring all the more wonderful!

4 comments:

Nick said...

Perhaps that photo should've been your Christmas picture.

Also, spinning for fun doesn't just happen on icy parking lots, but on busy icy highways too. It's a bit more dangerous, but it always wakes ya up in the mornings.

If you're looking for more reasons to love winter, just ask Javon.

Bry&Ash said...

Ask Javon? Why?

And yes, spinning on highways can be exciting too but I generally try to find safer ways to entertain myself...hopefully you do too up there in Wisconsin.:)

Alesa said...

You know, you have a good point about global warming :) it made me laugh out loud! And, it actually sounds kind of nice, as we sit here on the eve of a winter storm warning...

Alesa

Nick said...

Javon loves the winter and cold (though probably not as much as a cool rainy day).

My entertainment up here in Madison is limited to watching the snow and responding to random blog posts and emails that strike my fancy. Yours is probably more entertaining.