++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, February 23, 2009

Ballet and Cute Old Italian Singers

For Valentine's Day, my darling husband displayed his undying love and devotion by coming with me to Butler's Midwinter Dance Festival. They have an amazing ballet company and it was wonderful. (Thank you Bryan...your self-sacrificial goodness did not go unnoticed) However, we did also hang out and read for a while in an awesome old cafe we found and continued our tradition of making a fun Valentine's Day dinner together, this time with homemade chocolate mousse for dessert that Bryan very much enjoyed...so the day wasn't all horrible for him.:)

But back to the show. My all-time favorite part of the performance was when the dancers broke loose from the restraints of classical ballet and started doing some really great jazzy stuff in vintage red silk dresses. And then of course a couple guys came out snapping their fingers in pin-stripes and fedora hats.:) As fabulous as their moves were, I still think that it may have been the music that made it. I mean, listen to this guy. It's just so cute. And it turns out that he's one of those old Italians dripping with character...I love that country. Here's a picture of him to go with the song.

I think I shall be purchasing a CD of Paolo's very soon...

5 comments:

megs said...

what can i say?? itialians are just really REALLY cool people!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool Song! Love, j

Christen Leigh said...

I actually really like this song, too! Sounds like a fun valentines day! :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on school!

Kaitlin said...

I love the song...how cute. I could feel the Italian in my blood smiling. :)