++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My 2nd Commissioned Painting!

I have officially sold my second painting...my first was for my aunt about five years ago, but I've come a long way since then. This time I was hired by....my mom.:) I know I know, not too impressive. But this is still an accomplishment. Especially considering that so far I have pretty much given all my paintings away as gifts...meaning that people HAD to accept them or else be rude and hurtful. At least this time I'm pretty sure she liked it. Plus, I got paid.:)

So I just wanted you all to know that my career as an artist seems to be off and running now. And if you're interested in getting a painting done yourself, you may want to hire me soon before my schedule gets too busy.:)

Here's a picture of it on mom's fireplace in her soon-to-be finished basement. (ironically, I helped her paint the brick on the fireplace too):) The basement looks really nice by the way...she's been doing a lot of work on it so be sure to check it out and give her lots of compliments next time you're there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it Ash! -J

Alesa said...

Me too! Hey I'll hire you if we buy a house :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Oh yes...(snobby nose tilt) I have several of her pieces here at our humble abode. They have made the bare unpainted walls nearly New York worthy...at least my frineds say that it is so (snobby fast breath in & smile). Now, I do realize that I have a head start on you all with 3 compositions in my collection and a total of six pictures...but all I can say is I spotted her talent first...fine, she always gets my name for Christmas...but I rig the drawing...ok I don't, but she's had my name three times anyway and I'm lovin' it (will I get in trouble for using McD's copyrighted jingle? =o)