++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bryan is a Studmuffin!

Though I'm sure it will make you all jealous, I just had to show you how adorable Bryan is.:) I told him to plan whatever he wanted for Valentine's Day because I'd rather be surprised...so he did, and we had the best evening ever. (and we didn't even leave the house)

He picked up the traditional roses on his way home but also surprised me with a bag from Anthropologie. Knowing how much I liked the store, he endured the agony of trying to pick out some things he thought I would like. He did very well. My favorite part of the gift was the little pearl hair pins.

As amazing as that is, that wasn't the end of his Valentine plans.:) He also made us dinner while insisting that I just watch and relax. (He said this would also serve as part of the evening's entertainment):) This may not seem like that big of a deal, but considering that he doesn't like to cook and doesn't do much more than toast a bagel, it was pretty cool of him. And he did a great job too.

Here is our delicious menu for the evening:
  • Feta and spinach stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon
  • garlic and rosemary mashed red potatoes (with the skins on of course)
  • Cranberry and walnut spinach salad
  • vanilla pudding, walnut oatmeal crumble, and whipped cream parfait

And here is Bryan in action!:)


10 comments:

Annette Bahler said...

That is just simply adorable!

The son-in-law award this week goes to Bryan,

I'm going back to the sight to listen to the song now.

mom

L, Ann and boys said...

Awww...so sweet. =o) The menu sounds so yummy. =o)

Ann

Bry&Ash said...

Bryan's pretty excited about that son-in-law award, Mom...what all does that entail?? We're hoping for some big prizes or cash.:)

Julie B. said...

VERY IMPRESSIVE =0) He definately deserves an award for that!

Anonymous said...

Bryan- that is awesome. Sadly, Luke's Valentine's gift to me was not being able to make it to the massage I set up for him. Oh, what to do. Love, J

Anonymous said...

Ashton--

You should know that when I found Bryan, he was unable to boil water. You owe me.

Just kidding, of course. You landed a winner.

Kaitlin said...

This is the best thing I've heard in a while. I love Bryan! I hope you don't mind if I encourage my future husband to hang out at your place, you know, to let Bryan rub off on him a little. It sounds like you guys had a blast. Thanks for traveling out to Uncle Denny and Aunt MaryAnn's with Kurt and I. I thought it was relaxing. I loved talking to you deep into the night on Friday.

Kaitlin said...

...Oh that's funny! I thought that Bryan was wearing an apron. I was like, that's the coolest apron I've ever seen! Now I realize it's just the design on his shirt. :)

Bry&Ash said...

Oh...Bryan will be so happy when he reads your comment, Kait.:) And yes, you and your husband HAVE to hang out with Bryan and I all the time! (But definitely not because I think your husband will need any pointers on being cool...)

Christen Leigh said...

MANN! He IS a studmuffin... homecookin' like that can't be beat, eh?
I so very much enjoyed seeing you not once, but TWICE on campus today. You pretty much give meaning to my life. :)