++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, February 4, 2008

Calling all ideas...

So I'm in an "advanced presentational speaking" class this semester. I wasn't looking forward to it but it hasn't been too terrible so far...my professor is pretty cool.(Even though she did give a pop quiz this morning that I missed because I was two minutes late to class due to fog and the stupid lack of parking on campus)

Anyway, we will be giving a how-to/demonstration speech next and I am trying to find a fun topic. Then suddenly I thought to myself...say, I bet my friends out there in creative blog-land might have some good ideas.

So if you think of anything cool that I could show my class how to do in 4 or 5 minutes, let me know. The only stipulation is that I don't want to do any food-preparation demonstrations...apparently they get done a lot.

Thanks for your help...you guys are the best!:)

5 comments:

Nick said...

You could do something about how to prepare for a run/workout or how to read the Bible (wouldn't that be fun in 4-5 min) or you could do something on cleaning (how to use baking soda, vinegar, etc...) or "how to think like a psych major" or how to take good photos (talking about lighting and lenses and filters and all) or on how to get better when you start feeling sick or a beginner session on playing the piano or... well, just about anything you can do, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be funny to see you teach someone how to use a medulla breast pump. Use An's. Hey, it is creative & would probably be the first time she has seen it. I would obviously not use a real model & if this is a weird idea then blame it on my area of expertise because I do not think it is weird- hee hee. -J

L, Ann and boys said...

Jen, you're too much. She can't borrow mine even if she wants to. He he...it's a hygiene item.

Ash...let me tell you what to do...I'm good at that...hee hee =o)

I think you should explain how to parallel park with some of Noah's little cars. You could have a little list of does and don't for real people. Maybe a picture or two...it would be grand for the student's forced to do it on campus no? Plus everyone will get a laugh which is always good. =o)

Natalie said...

I vote Andria's idea, in fact, do you think I could come to class with you that day?
-Natalie

Christen Leigh said...

Um.... it seems to be the trend to write some very.... interesting?.... ideas. I'm not feeling very creative, so how about something with art/painting/another word I can't think of to put after the slash.

You're pretty good at that type of thing, you know. :)