++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Eagle's Nest

Twice a year for about a week and a half, most of the best restaurants around select a special 3-course menu at a discounted price for "Devour Downtown." This foodie festival is great for us since it's pretty much the only time we have the chance to go to certain pricy places. 

This year we chose The Eagle's Nest, which is a circular revolving restaurant on the tip top of the Hyatt Regency hotel. This was an excellent choice, if I do say so myself. They've recently remodeled (very sleek and modern) as well as revamped their menu (very fresh and delicious), and it was amazing.

The only downside was that during this pregnancy my stomach has apparently decided to declare war on food, no matter how good it is. So by the time the main entree came around I felt like I was in labor and/or might throw up all over our table (which would be awkward), and I could only eat a third of it. But it made a nice lunch the next day.

Somehow I had no trouble finishing the chocolate and coffee mousse for dessert.

Bry loving the view
Lobster corn chowder with smoked bacon and chive oil
...possibly the best soup ever. I really want this recipe.
Capitol building
Our side of the restaurant was turned to the west at just the right time to catch this
After Dark
We stubbornly thought we could take a picture ourselves instead of asking the waiter.
And I stubbornly refuse to use the flash because it's ugly.
So here we are, cropped and grainy but happy.

1 comment:

emilykate said...

Yum! This devour downtown thing sounds like something that would be right up our alley!