++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday, August 3, 2012

Away with Friends

Now that we're starting our own families, it's rare that we have the chance to spend the weekend with friends. But that only makes the time together all the more sweet. 

We were so glad to be able to head to the lake with Brett, Liv and their kids, Obie and Zion as well as Chad, Heather and their little boy, Beckham. Yes, it was pretty crazy in a small condo, but I loved holding the new baby and watching the kids playing together and being adorable.
 The weather was perfect, so we packed in as much pool time as we could in two short days.
 Obie is such a little water bug.
 Lounging...Heather, Beckham, Chad, Bry and Poppyseed in her "glasses" on the end
 And of course Poppy had to create some kind of catastrophe. While she was supposed to be napping, she climbed out of her pack-and-play and got into my makeup. If you look closely, you can see that she actually managed to apply mascara to her eyelashes in all that mess. Maybe I should have been impressed, but I was more ticked. You'll see why in the next picture...
 This is where the rest of my mascara went (Plus on some of the clothes that were piled around after she emptied both of our suitcases). My feet are in there to give you some perspective on the size of this masterpiece. Again, impressive but not cool. Especially since Mark and Lori are trying to sell the condo this summer. We found out that mascara does not come off of carpet very easily.
 Poppy redeemed herself a little by begging to ride with Brett on the tube and then actually braving the waves and enjoying it.
 Chad, Beck, and Heather on the lake
 Liv, Obie and Brett...Zion is there too in that little bundle on Liv's lap. I'm sad I never got a real picture of her.
 Last morning at the pool
 Poppy was very partial to Beckham's hat all weekend.
 You have to forgive a little face like that...no matter how much mascara they smear on the floor.
Ahh summer...I can't believe it's almost over!

5 comments:

Heather Hoerr said...

fun pics! thanks for the invite to the lake - it was a good time as usual :)

emilykate said...

Looks fun! And the mascara...cute to a non-parent but if I were you I don't think I'd be overly thrilled. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

OH MY WORD. She put mascara on he eyelashes-for real. Craziness =)

janelle f said...

We had a similar experience last summer with Tess, condo carpet, and a diaper taken off during naptime...resulting in similar colors, same ticked mama and a very smelly carpet!

Christen Leigh said...

AHHH! I would probably have had a minor panic attack if I walked into that mess....but I'm sure it is something you'll laugh about one day. :)