++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Candy Land Extravaganza

My friend Sadie had her personal shower at my aunt's house and I was lucky enough to go out early with Kaitlin and help her decorate and bake. It was so much fun! We had such a good time together. Thank you Kait for asking me to go, and thank you to Aunt Mary Ann for all you did!

The party theme: Candy Land. We were nearly drowning in sugar by the end of the weekend. Cupcakes, lollipops, molasses cookies, licorice, peppermints, gumdrops, jelly beans, chocolate...
The splendid Lollipop Princess hosts, Christen and Kaitlin
The "Candy Land colored" blanket that my aunt insisted on buying for Poppy to lounge on during the party...so she would match the decor of course.
Queen Frostine's (aka Sadie's) frosting castle...where she opened gifts.
Lollipop Princess on a sugar buzz perhaps?
I finally got to meet my friend Liv's baby boy, Obie. Such a cutie. Poppy must have thought so too, judging from the coy hand on his leg.
A toast to Sadie and to a successful party!

5 comments:

J Gutwein said...

Very fun!

Kaitlin said...

This was such a wonderful and fun weekend. I LOVE you Ash. :)

Jenny- I kinda feel like you were a part of it with our phone-chat while shopping at the mall. It was good to catch up. I miss you!

Andrea said...

that place is soo awesome & what a fun idea for the candy land theme!

Christen Leigh said...

Ashton-- I just have to say....you rock!!

Seriously, you did so much for the shower, and you weren't even on the committee or anything. We totally could not have done it without you, and it was SO fun to hang out with you.

I hear you may be going with us again this weekend? That would be a-mazaing. Hope you're having a great week!

L, Ann and boys said...

Love this theme =) Looks like so much fun

An