++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meeting Poppy

What an experience...

Labor was the hardest thing I've ever been through, but also the most amazing and the most beautiful. It brought me closer to Poppy, to Bryan, and to God. And so I am thankful for every hour of that day.

I'll always remember the unexplainable sense of joy and peace I felt, even through the toughest moments.

I'm also so thankful for the support I had from our family and from my husband. My sisters and mom were there with me through it all (lots of walking, massaging, and encouraging), and Bryan was absolutely perfect. I don't know where I would have been without them, and I almost cry every time I think about that day and what they helped me get through. I am so lucky to have people like this in my life.

And now we have Poppy.

Our hearts are very full.

8 comments:

J and A said...

Congrats, Ashton! We are so excited for you guys! :)

Eric & Marissa Bahler said...

She is so precious! Welcome to the Mom club :) So glamorous isn't it? Praying an extra dose of God's grace, patience, and peace on you, Brian & Poppy... enjoy every moment!

Ashton said...

Thank you! We could definitely use all the prayers we can get.:)

And yes, I'm doing my best to enjoy every moment...it goes so fast!

Daveana said...

What a cute slideshow. What a perfect Ending!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

J Gutwein said...

Ohhh... makes me so sad that I missed it and so happy because it is great!

Amber said...

Congratulations! It was so fun to see pictures of your little angel! Tim commented how strange it was to hear you had a baby. We've come a long way from Teen Night and the PYG! We love you both!

The 3 Squirrels said...

Ashton- she is such a doll! I am so happy for ya'll:-) and to hear you had such wonderful support too! God bless your new little family! Can't wait to meet her...

laura

J Gutwein said...

Luca loves saying Poppy. He also just agreed to be her older cousin protector :). Love, Jenny