++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And It's Done

(our actual sold sign this time)

We did it! We closed on our house today. Officially. The papers are signed and the keys have been handed over. What a good feeling.

And we finished moving everything out last Saturday...after a haphazard week of living with piles of boxes and without most of our furniture. The house is completely empty now, and I have to admit that I got a little teary walking one last time through the rooms we've come to know so well. It was a good home and I'm going to miss it.

Now we have our things scattered between a U-store, Bryan's parent's house, my parent's house, and our suitcases. Our life is probably going to continue to feel a little disorganized for a while (can't wait to move all over again in a couple of months), but it will be fun staying with friends and family for a bit.

Here is a glimpse of some of the moving chaos from the weekend.
Poppy was completely bored by the whole moving business
Our superhero moving crew (plus mom, Andria, and Kait).
One last family photo in front of our first home.

Goodbye House.

2 comments:

J Gutwein said...

Oh.. another little piece of Broadripple just left me.. how will I run from a place with a shower to Hubbard & Cravens and back.. or Binkley's.. Okay, I will stop before I make us both more sad. Love, Jenny

L, Ann and boys said...

Great house and I'm glad you like the couple moving in. =) That always helps. Can't wait to see what you do with the new one.

An