++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lunch, Shopping and...Running

Yes, accountability CAN be fun! For the past 5 weeks, my sister Andria and I have committed to run at least 3 times a week. I know this doesn't sound fun yet but hold on, I'm getting there. At the end of each successfully completed month, we get to plan some kind of reward to do together. Reward #1 was lunch outside on their back porch and shopping at Anthropologie.

I would have taken some pictures of our cute lunch setup but I STILL have not bought the new camera that was supposed to be my Christmas gift and then my Birthday gift in March. I think Ann might post a couple though so check out her blog.

The really cool part is that this accountability thing has actually been working. That's impressive when considering that I have never, in my entire life, been able to figure out a way to get myself to run regularly. Who knew that this was all it would take?

So for those of you that have finally given up in despair at being able to accomplish your unreachable goals, try this method. It's effective and oh so fun...though our husbands might not share our level of enthusiasm about monthly shopping trips.:)

Disclaimer: The picture of the glorious runner above is not me!

3 comments:

J Gutwein said...

Luke wants to know who took the pic in your sidebar of you & Bry? ;)

Alesa said...

Sounds like so much fun! I was at Anthropologie last night and thought of you guys. :)

Laura said...

okay- that is a brilliant idea! how fun!