++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day

Today was a glorious day. I couldn't get my little Jetta out of the driveway so I STAID HOME from work! It is nice to know that there is still such a thing as a snow day, even if I'm not in school anymore.:)

Since I was already awake and dressed for work, I opted to stay up instead of crawling back to bed and sleeping away the rest of the morning. And I am so glad I did. I am proud to say that I managed to get quite a bit done on my day off.

On my super productive day I
+ Took a shower (that's big...I hate showers)
+ Shoveled the drive (unsuccessfully)
+ Did my devotions
+ Made dentist appointments for Bryan and I
+ Set up a time for a chimney sweep to come clean and inspect our chimney
+ Bought tickets to our Valentine's Day entertainment (Butler's Midwinter Dance Festival)
+ Made Bryan's Valentine's Day gift (It's a secret, or I would tell you what it was)
+ Updated my resume and sent it to a potential employer
+ Read a book from front to back cover (The Giver is a pretty quick read, but still)
+ Cleaned the bathroom (also big, I never do that)
+ Sent my busy husband a million fairly pointless e-mails throughout the day
+ Made a fabulous gourmet dinner...of banana pancakes with peanut butter.:) Though in my defense, the peanut butter was the good freshly ground stuff. (Fresh Market is amazing)
+ Stopped by Walgreens and picked up a prescription
+ Went and watched Bryan's KSM basketball game while talking with a friend and stuffing envelopes for a church project
+ Wrote a fascinating new post for the blog :)

I hope you all enjoyed your wintry Thursday as well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I was there... & that was pretty productive! Love, J

L, Ann and boys said...

Whooo hooo...I love days with that much stuff checked off the list...it doesn't happen much around here though. =o) The Giver is a good read no? I read it in high school but think I remember liking it quite a bit.

Ann

Kaitlin said...

I can't believe this. You probably got more done in one day than I do in one week...or possibley a year....or like, my whole life! I've got a little something to address here---
WHY DIDN'T YOU INVITE ME TO THE DANCE FESTIVAL WITH YOU AND BRYAN?!?! I just don't understand what's happening to our relationship these days. And no, I don't care that you and Bryan want to have a romantic evening togehter. Ever thought about what your lonely sister Kait wants? (I'm tearing up and can't see the screen...I'm gonna go).

:)

Ashton said...

haha. Kait, if you want to come, I'd love to have you there! I'm sure there are still tickets. And don't worry about getting in the way of our romantic evening together...Bryan isn't exactly thrilled with my choice in Valentine's Day entertainment, so I doubt he will be feeling overly romantic.:)

Kaitlin said...

Really? I was totally kidding. I think it's really sweet for you and Bryan to spend valentines day alone together. BUT, since you did offer....WOW, HOW NEAT!!! If I were to accompany you two how do I go about getting a ticket?

Kaitlin said...

Lately I've felt the urge to use really dorky words. such as...neat. Jeepers! We just don't use them enough and they're so darn delightful. Have a wonderful day, pal:)

Ashton said...

I'll send you a secret e-mail...we can't have the whole blogosphere showing up, you know.:)