++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I'm Doing With Myself Now...

Well, I'm sure you are all wondering what in the world I am doing with all of my time now that I don't have homework, exams or commuting to worry about. Well, I started my internship at Indianapolis Monthly last week. I'm very lucky (and by that I mean blessed) and thankful to be there. It's an extremely cool internship and I can already tell that I will learn a lot. The magazine world is very interesting and pretty fun too. I mean, where else do you get to call up famous people or go try out fun restaurants and have your meal paid for.:) Plus, I'm enjoying the chance to experience working downtown. (The offices are right on the monument circle)

There is only one small downside to the position. It's unpaid...but that's only because it's such great experience that they don't need to pay their interns! Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway...though it doesn't always stop me from wondering again why on earth I decided to work for free. (And I'm pretty sure Bryan is wondering the same thing) But considering that the economy has crashed and I can't get a paid job anywhere if I wanted to, I guess I'm stuck here for now whether I like it or not. So I'm deciding to like it.:)

I'll let you know if my name is ever going to show up in print!

7 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

It all sounds so...grown up. Like when I realize we've got kids running all over the place and have a "when did this all happen" moment. I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I like your positive spin on the unpaid part. =o)

Ann

Julie B. said...

Super cool, Ash! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... sounds cool to me paid or unpaid! Love, J

megs said...

have you called up peyton manning b/c i know of a few guys that would be pretty jealous!! :) i'm glad you're having a great time doing all that hard work for free. if you do anything wrong or bad you can just tell them "you get what you paid for"

okay so that might not be such a good idea.... :)

Ashton said...

Thanks for the support guys. And no, I have not called up Peyton manning...I have a feeling that the closest I could get to him would be one of his agents.:)

Anonymous said...

nice 1 ash ur great keep going i love da way u r so b good nd great one day its super cool so .keep making lovely sites wid new ideas

Anonymous said...

nice 1 ash ur great keep going i love da way u r so b good nd great one day its super cool so .keep making lovely sites wid new ideas