++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, August 18, 2016

HHI 2016

I'm not sure why, but this year at Hilton Head was extra special. There was just something about the cadence of the week and the synergy between all of us as we grow up and form our own little families within the family. And we had some killer new activities this time around, such as the late night dance party that included kids AND adults! (Sorry, no photos) 

Other excitement included our nanny getting stung by a stingray and a fire truck and ambulance showing up at our house after my dad set off the alarm, thinking it was the air conditioner. We always have to create some emergency to keep things interesting.
Our house. We stayed with Luke and Jenny and Clint and Alesa this year and I loved it. The other house may have been referred to as the "fun house" but we had good talks and our little oasis was peaceful and relaxing, especially the deck overlooking the pool and floating on the raft at night (yeah, I was pretty adventurous). 

My mom brought a bocce ball set for a sand bocce tournament

Night crabbing on the beach! Always the best.

We had some more epic dinners in which we had to rearrange furniture and pull multiple tables together because we're just that huge now

Girls shopping trip, minus mom 

Princess cupcake party for the little girls

My mom made the dress up clothes and brought them along…such a cute idea!

Serving their daddies the cupcakes they decorated

This was an impromptu beach visit after dinner. At one point Cetty wanted me to walk to the edge of the water with her and then she just laid flat down on the sand, clothes and all. First I laughed, and then I joined her.

Poppy appeared next and the three of us lounged around like that for a while and it was just the sweetest time with my girls. I don't normally get wet so they seemed pretty thrilled to have me in the ocean with them.


Late morning walk to a coffee shop with a fun bunch of people
I ended up being very glad that we packed our bigger stroller. We got a couple of long naps on the go because of it.

 Low country boil: kid style

The nights on the beach were probably my favorite part of the week. The days were HOT but the nights were just perfect. No crowds, pretty sunsets, the little ones digging in the sand and the bigger ones playing soccer or foursquare or spike ball…the sort of night that makes you take a deep breath and feel all settled and happy.
This girl's hair. It was all kinds of wild and crazy from the water and the wind and that God-given color, and I'm pretty much jealous.

Until next year, Hilton Head!

3 comments:

petite+grand said...

Thanks, Ash.. It was an amazing year!!!!

leah said...

oh man, i'm jealous of that hair too! swoooooooon.

looks like an awesome trip!

L, Ann and boys said...

love this and the swim suite shots as well all matching :D