++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Baby Meets Family

I have happy memories from my postpartum hospital stays. When you have little kids at home, being able to lay in bed all day is a real luxury. And I could get used to having maid service at the push of a button. Now if only the food was better and they didn't wake you up all night long...

The best part of those two days though was watching the girls meet their new sister. It was mostly what I expected. Poppy was quiet and gentle as she took it all in and Cetty was a whirlwind of movement, noise, and general enthusiasm. I love my kids.

Some words from Cetty during her visit:

"She's berry cute." (announced with complete authority after she'd had a good look at Fife)
"She sounds like a pig."
"I don't think she likes me." (after Fife starts crying).
"Newborn babies can't do ballet." (as she pirouettes around the room).
"Is she coming home with you? Oh, I will be so excited!"
"Fife Idol" (instead of Fife Ida)
"I wish I could have a baby in my tummy so I could do that." (said while I moved my motorized bed up and down)
"Isn't that good? I kissed her and her life is so much better!"

And then later that day…Fife's first night at home, meeting Bry's family.

2 comments:

Heather Hoerr said...

love all of Cetty's comments! super cute and sweet pics.

petite+grand said...

Really sweet! You already know that I love Cetty ;)!