++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

HHI 2014

Another visit to Hilton Head. And this was a strange one. About half of the family ended up sick. Like laying in bed all day, two different trips to the ER sick. And I found out during the "vacation" that Bry and I had some seven-year-old relationship stuff that we needed to sort through. Great timing, right? Anyway, I somehow still felt that the week was peaceful and beautiful in many ways.

A hundred thanks to my family for lots of things, but mostly for just being a family. We stayed in one house again and even though it's crazy and I'm sure that at some point we will have had enough weddings and babies that we'll have to split into two (or more) houses, I would never want to be apart from any one of you!

Also, I apologize in advance for way too many pictures of my kids. I know it's unnecessary, but I just can't stop myself.
First off, you must know that the annual drive down to S.C. has become somewhat of a race. Maybe because we're bored after 12 hours on the road...maybe because we're competitive. I'm telling you this because our carload (Sam, Kait, Bry & I, plus the three littles) won. There's no prize, but this is Bry looking triumphant.

Just after arriving and still fully clothed...it's the best way to get reacquainted with the beach. And this girl loved the sand all week. Putting it in her hair, throwing it, eating it, whatever. (I didn't enjoy it quite as much stuck between the layers of her reusable swim diaper)

The first night was dinner out for the adults. (thanks to our nanny!) We tried a hibachi grill and had the best chef ever. We laughed a lot. Just look at Clint and Alesa's happy faces. Oh yeah, and the sushi was pretty.

Thumbs up for crabbing led by Luke. This has become a tradition that even the adults enjoy, because who doesn't love a good night walk on the beach?

Poppy growing taller and looking so much older every year. 

And now Cetty wears the swim suit that Poppy wore when she was one. So strange but also sweet.

Waving and saying "hi" to the nice lady on a bike. Her granny pose cracks me up.


Morning yoga on the beach for Andria, Kait and I...just like in all the workout videos. Okay so maybe our dancer's pose doesn't look quite as professional.

This picture makes me laugh for several reasons...but mostly it's that belly.

Love this shot. Prim is totally an island baby.

Cousins and sand castles. The one on the right is pretty cool (in a total Mario Bros. kind of way)...complete with drawbridge and horseshoe crab shell entrance.

One of my favorites

Our version of babes on the beach.

Oceanside soccer. The stalk of grass marked the goal where Adrian stands guard. There were many blisters and sore toes after this game.

That's my arm embellished with some very fun temp tattoos brought by Andria.


Shopping trip with the ladies. Welcome to the crew Annie!

 Lucette and her little pig tails

 I'm sort of crazy about this picture. Not sure which is better...the lush green path to the ocean or the ruffle-bum shorts running toward it. 

Missing you already, Hilton Head.

4 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

ahhhhh...love ;)

Shana said...

Looks like a blast! How fun to have a family that is so close! Can't believe how tall and older Poppy looks! C is just a tiny little peach as always as well.

sarah.flyingkites said...

love these pictures - and your super sweet girlies!

Daveana said...

So many cute pictures of the girls! So fun!