++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Party at the Park

Poppy turned four. 
We met at the park and had a lovely day with aunts, Mimi, cousins and friends.

Greyson, a bit of Olivia, Mimi, Ellie, Poppy, and Avo.


Olivia's face in the background is so awesome. Do you think maybe she wanted to be the birthday girl?

I tried vanilla bean and olive oil lemon cupcakes with pineapple flowers. Poppy helped. I had fun with the pineapple and was very happy with both recipes.

Doesn't she look so big? She kept telling me that when she turned four she would be an "adult". Oh dear, I hope not. 

Such a perfect park. I can almost imagine it's in England.

Poppy twirling and Lucette ready to join her.

Sharing cake and...

Eating cake

The day started out sweltering hot, then a cool wind blew in and we ran for cover from what felt like the beginnings of a wild storm. The downpour never happened, but we enjoyed the nature center anyway. Here the little ones are entranced by a turtle.

She loves to climb.

My mom sweetly offered to take a few photos of the three of us. 


After the park we went to Jenny and Luke's house for dinner. I was too busy helping with dinner prep to think of taking photos, but it was delicious, so much fun, and just the right way to end the night. Thanks again Jen!

Happy birthday to my beautiful, charming, grown up four year old!

3 comments:

Shana said...

I can't believe that P is four! Her hair is adorable and that park looks lovely! Oh and good job on the cute cupcakes :)

J and A said...

Love the cupcakes and the pineapple flowers :)

Daveana said...

Poppy's hair is so adorable! She looks so grown up...