++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lemons in the Kitchen

They are my favorite thing right now. This may have something to do with the fact that I'm very ready for summer. I've been buying them by the bagful and keeping them on hand. I love how versatile they are. A mega fresh flavor boost for just about any type of food. And the clean smell of lemon peels in the garbage disposal is an added bonus.

 A strange version of carbonara sauce with rosemary and lemon to go over homemade pasta we picked up at Pikes Place in Seattle, roasted cauliflower (my other food crush right now), and baby bella mushrooms...

Lemon poppyseed pancakes. OK, I love pancakes and have had many variations. These were over the top incredible…maybe my favorite pancakes ever...

Lemon blueberry coffee cake with lemon glaze. Sadly, just finished the last piece after lunch today. This was also amazing and something I need to remember to make again...

Poppy and Bry requested homemade lemonade after church on Sunday. I told them it wasn't quite warm enough for that kind of summertime business, but humored them anyway. The ice kept us from staying outside for very long, but oh my word, I forgot how good fresh lemonade is.

4 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

those pancakes look so good! ;)

emilykate said...

Yes! Always buying lemons in bulk because we use them so much in the kitchen!

Christen Leigh said...

Yum!! :) This inspires me to make homemade lemon bars....so delicious. :)

Shana said...

YUM! It all looks tasty! Lemons have been huge in our house lately as well. So fresh and so yummy. I have a ginger lemonade recipe I think you would like (found it online).