++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Night at the Symphony

My sister posted on her blog about their visit to the symphony, and it reminded me that I had taken pictures on Bry's phone from our night at the symphony a few weeks ago that I had forgotten all about.

We sat front and center with an up-close-and-personal view of the cellists. I played the violin in a youth orchestra a long time ago, and being so close to the musicians brought back some memories. (Mostly I remember never practicing like I should have and hoping I'd blend in enough that no one would notice.)

It was my first time hearing Copland's Appalachian Spring from a live orchestra. It was beautiful and so was the theater. A very nice date night, if you're looking for ideas.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh fun! Josh and I would love this idea :) thanks for sharing Ashton!

L, Ann and boys said...

you got pictures...sigh...I got my phone out and Luke gave me an Englishman glance that said "follow the rules, it's only proper." So I put it back in my purse wishing I had taken some before they started playing. =) Next time.