++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday, January 21, 2011

Nursery Love

Poppy finally has a real nursery! After almost five months of being stuffed in a car seat and toted around the ends of the earth, we made sure her room was first on our list of house projects. It's not completely done, but she actually has a room of her own...with a crib. Gasp.
It was definitely a group effort. For starters, the crib
was a free gift from a friend at church. (Thank you, Carrie!)

Bry's mom made the beautiful quilt and bedskirt. She also helped paint...doing the painful trimming while I worked on the damask designs.
And Bryan installed the light all on his own. I was impressed.
Her toy box bench. I wish you could see the glass knobs better in this picture. I may just have to do another post (lucky you).
The homemade star mobile...don't look too close at the sketchy and somewhat hazardous construction.
The antique carousel rocking horse, and of course the circus trunk changing table that I insisted on dragging home in the snow three years ago because it wouldn't fit in our car and I just had to have it for my imaginary little girl's room...And look, here it is.
The beginnings of her library. I hope she'll love books as much as I do.

4 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

yay for the super cute nursery. =) I love all the girly stuff-like the dresses on the toy bench. So sweet. I've got two books for her little library I need to get to you.

Andria

Daveana said...

Super Super Cute Ash! Love the changing table a lot!

Christen Leigh said...

Um. That is the cutest nursery EVER. I LOVE that changing table!! So cute. Poppy will truly feel like she has grown up in a magical wonderland. :)

Hey, I miss you. You need to move back in with your parents so I see you more! ;) hehe jk, but really Kait and I should come visit you some weekend-- I want to see your place!

Alesa said...

totally love it! you are so talented!!!