++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Garden Parties...

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I actually took a bunch of pictures of our trip to Taylor last weekend but haven't even loaded them onto the computer yet. I'll get on that. It was an interesting trip, so I'm pretty excited to share the photos.:)

In other news, we had our first "garden party" in the newly renovated back yard. Bryan and I eat dinner out there whenever we're feeling particularly adventurous, but this time we actually invited guests. Chad and Heather came over and we had a little outdoor Mexican fiesta with grilled corn in the husks and tortillas stuffed with black beans, shrimp, and fresh cilantro from our herb garden (so fun!). We then lit our torches for the first time, started a fire in our new clay chimney, and played euchre into the night while sipping homemade mojitos. (made from fresh mint out of the herb garden of course)

Doesn't that sound divine? Well yes, it pretty much was. Ahh...summer is so wonderful.

I'm beginning to think that the hours spent ripping out the ugly deck and giant concrete slab may have actually been worth it. :)

3 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

So fun! We're next right? =0)

Ann

Christen Leigh said...

that sounds superb! :)

Ohhhh Ashy. I miss you! I'm going to just have to surpise you and pop up in Indy sometime. :)

love ya!

Bry&Ash said...

Andria- of course you are next...anytime, anytime.

Christen- I MISS YOU TOO! I can't believe how Christen-less my summer has been. I hope that this next semester brings many more Beering meetings.:) Love you. (oh, and I would be so happy if you would pop up here in Indy sometime!)