++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God is GOOD!

Family Camp is coming up...this weekend actually. And this year the theme is "God is Good". I'm very excited to learn more about that.

Bryan's family is one of those families that has gone to Family Camp for years and loves it. Who wouldn't though, it's a weekend of great speakers, connecting with awesome church families, singing praise songs around campfires and playing lots of ultimate frisbee.:)

I found out when I tried it yesterday that my camera is working again (for now), so hopefully I'll get some pictures of the fun.

I'm really posting about this though because this year Bryan is going to be a teen camp counselor and was asked to have the Thursday evening talk to the teens. This might be the first time he's had the chance to prepare a talk of this length. (45 minutes to an hour) It's an awesome opportunity but also a big responsibility. So, please pray today and tomorrow for him and this exciting chance to share whatever it is God wants him to be sharing with these teens about His goodness.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Nick said...

See if he'd be willing to post a preview of what he'll say.

Bry&Ash said...

I'll check with him. I'm sure he'd love your insight.

Hey, I had fun hanging out with you and your parents this past weekend. I'm glad you're always willing to make the drive out.

-Ash

Nick said...

Well, he's probably heard enough of my blather on this rather vague topic. I'm just rather interested in how he decided to approach it. He was mentioning something about using God's goodness as a type of moral rectitude that both demands and draws us into living rightly. Personally, because of certain influences, I find it easier to talk about who God is as we know him in the Biblical story, which is completed and filled with Jesus, but telling that story is far more complicated and (say it ain't so) boring. I don't necessarily think these stories are mutually exclusive (as we agreed at the time), but since this is a camp for kids, it should be tailored to them (I guess).

Anyway...back to work.