++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Plans


So what did I decide to do this summer?

Well, I am officially a full-time communications intern for the next three months...with my very own cubicle. Woohoo! I am working for the communication department at a big and busy church in Avon.(about 2400 members) They have a lot of projects to be done this summer so I will be getting an abundance of wonderful experience with all kinds of things.

I started Monday and am already working on pamphlets, press releases, a big anniversary magazine that will be coming out at the end of the summer, weekly bulletins, the website, etc. Their website is pretty cool...and my name is now on the staff contact page, which is also pretty cool.:) (Check it out: http://www.kingswaychurch.org/staff.html)

So far it's been a little overwhelming but I love the people and I know it will be a great challenge. I'm so used to being a student that it's strange to do anything else. This is also the first time I have ever worked full-time and I'm not completely sure yet how I feel about it.:) Not to mention that I have to dress up...which is not my favorite thing in the world.

Oh well, I should probably get used to all that. Plus, It will help me understand a little more of what Bryan goes through every day.:) He's a champion!

3 comments:

Annette Bahler said...

It sounds like new territory to me.

I'm so glad you can be there for Kait this weekend!
I would love to hear more about Kingsway too.

love you,
mom

L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks for stopping by last night. It warms the house up for me to have people there. =o)

Bryce and Erin said...

Hey old neighbor (Bryan)!! Looks like the Lord is blessing you two as you serve Him together. Great to see your blog. We're new to the blog world and just checking in with all of our old friends!!