++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

I have no pictures to prove it but Bryan and I did have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. First, we got to help Clint & Alesa and Ann & Luke a little with their new houses. Well...Bryan did at least. I am ashamed to say that tried to help Ann but was so exhausted that I ended up falling asleep on their couch...and I'm not even pregnant so I can't use that as an excuse.:)

That night we headed to Lafayette for Kait's graduation and open house on Saturday. It was a great day. So many friends and family came and it was wonderful to see people we haven't seen in forever, hang out and talk, eat Mom's great food, and of course celebrate Kait.

After the open house, we drove up to Lake Wawasee and spent Sunday and Monday there with Bryan's family. Javon was able to come before heading to HIS Ranch in MI on Tuesday for the rest of the summer. Nick was also able to make it all the way from WI. Mark and Sue, Bryan's aunt and uncle were there as well and added to the fun. We got to play 8-man euchre (I didn't even know that was possible). The boys beat the girls but it was fun nonetheless. We also got to take a leisurely evening boat ride, which was great until Bryan's side of the boat was attacked by an army of strange little bugs.:) Other than that, we did a lot of talking and a lot of laying out by the pool. I was so excited to sit out in the sun that I didn't listen to Bryan when he said we were getting burnt. Turns out he was right. (not the first time):) But it was worth it to actually feel like I was on summer break.

Now we're looking forward to Hilton Head...our next vacation.:) Only 2 1/2 more weeks, hooray!

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

oooo la can't wait. =o)

megs said...

just thought i'd stop by and say hello! :)