++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

New Look for the New Year

You may notice things look a little different around here. It wasn't really a New Year's resolution. Actually, I just up and decided yesterday that it must be done before I went to bed. I'm going to blame it on nesting, which I'm pretty sure is the reason I've been on a rampage against clutter and excess. I want everything around me to be clean and simple and fresh. Is that too much to ask? (Yes, it is. Which is just a little depressing)

This week I've been attacking the nursery and the girls' clothes. I have a big black trash bag for Goodwill and I'm not done. I found a home in the nursery for the new baby's clothes, which wasn't easy since I also wanted to keep Cetty's clothes in the nursery to save trips upstairs to the room that she will (hopefully) soon be sharing with Poppy.

Have you seen this book around?…
Well, it's on my night-stand now. I haven't started reading it yet, but its presence and title alone have been quite motivating already. I have high hopes.

So, my goals for the blog re-vamp:

1. Simplicity
2. Larger photos
3. Inspiration -- I've added a revised blog list (that actually updates with new posts!) of people I know and love and things that are beautiful...lifestyle, travel, food, photos, family, etc. 

Here's to tidying up!

2 comments:

leah said...

Love the new look! Haven't read that book, but I've heard about. Sounds inspiring! Let us know what you think :)

L, Ann and boys said...

well this all sounds wonderful...my children generally smell like outdoors and not in such a fresh way...I have no idea how long I must wait to be tidy but when I am able...I think I'll live in a mostly all white house with a few plants and colorful throw pillows. Maybe a book or two. ;) haha love you!