++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Home

I'm back! I was far, far away in Greece for school (and for fun), and although life here is beginning to seem normal again I still don't feel very productive yet. Actually on second thought, I can't say that I was overly productive before I left, so this may be as good as it gets.

What I can say is that since I've returned I'm more fully appreciating my home and more contentedly enjoying the lazy summer days with my girls (despite the fact that the AC is broken in our car). I've felt less of a need to run around doing everything, making it easier to say no to invitations and protect our evening and weekend time together as a family.

In celebration of staying home, I thought I'd finally start posting some photos of the house. When we first moved I put this off because I wanted everything finished, and then I put it off because I wanted everything clean. this obviously wasn't working, so I'll just have to take it one room at a time and ignore what's outside camera range.

Let's start with the nursery, because aren't nurseries the best? Oh, and sorry I don't have "before" photos. I went to all the work to take them for you guys but it looks as though I may have unknowingly deleted them at some point. I guess all you need to know is that the house was a complete disaster when we bought it. Built in 1928, broken windows, bad wallpaper, peeling lead-based paint…that sort of thing. But as a loving family member told me when she first saw it (because she couldn't think of any other encouraging to say), "Well, it has good bones…"
White lace slip from when I was little
Yellow paint and knobs from Anthropologie added to bench
Mid-century rocker from Urban Outfitters
Cetty's favorite stuffed animal from Aunt Alesa
Handmade elephant from Etsy, bought when Poppy was a baby.
Blanket crocheted by my mom for me as a baby.
Alphabet cards from Fawn&Forest
Gittery stars from Haus in Indy, mobile handmade.
Quilt handmade by Bry's mom for Cetty.

5 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

love this...next room please. :D and I've even been there ... ha

Daveana said...

I agree with Ann! Can't wait to see pictures of the other rooms! I thought your home was simply adorable and would love to see how you capture it all in pictures!

J and A said...

I love this nursery! :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Shana said...

Your house is adorable :) What is the paint color (in this room) if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for something this color, but have a hard time "committing" to the right shade. Also... I love that quilt!