++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Go Ahead, Be Spontaneous!

I like to plan things. As in plan things to death until they aren't any fun anymore. I've been known to spoil a perfectly good Saturday because I wanted it to be just right or I felt like it was a big, fat wasted opportunity. But not last Saturday. 

I don't know what was different but I was super relaxed. Last minute we decided to drive to the Chicago area with the girls in tow to buy a used car off of ebay that we'd found like a day before (though we had been researching this make/model for a while). After picking up the car and also last-minute deciding to trade our old car in, we stopped for "lunch" at 3pm and even wandered next door for some frozen yogurt, not worried that Cetty was missing her nap. Yeah, really wild. And then to top it all off, we swung by the dunes on our way home, just because, and didn't have the girls in bed (still sandy) until after 10pm.  

This may not seem monumental, but the day felt so freeing. I experienced the efficiency of making a big decision without over-analyzing or second guessing. I trusted Bry and didn't feel the need to control every detail. I was spontaneous with the girls and it was really fun. Ahhh. 

And to think I could live like this all the time.

I have to give credit on the next three photos to Bry…who I recently criticized for not being able to take a good picture. (Sorry, Babe)

Look, I even spontaneously let Poppy walk to the car in her pink underwear because I didn't want to mess with wet legs and skinny jeans. Who knows what this new me will do next.

6 comments:

petite+grand said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Heather Hoerr said...

fun! glad you were able to be spontaneous! I'm a planner too :)

leah said...

From a hyper planner - I love this! Looks like a beautiful day! :) thanks for sharing...

Daveana said...

Cetty's swimsuit is so cute!!!

Shana said...

Ha! This sounds like a fun day :) way to just "go with it".

L, Ann and boys said...

awwww, super super sweet.