++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Farewell to Winter

It seemed like it would be the last snowy weekend of the winter and I suddenly felt like we should do all the wintery things we hadn't done the past three months. I don't like the feeling of missed opportunities. On Saturday we went sledding on the huge sledding hill at the park around the corner. And Sunday Poppy and I went ice skating. Bry and Cetty were our cheerleaders, watching from the side and taking photos.
Getting ready. Poppy was so cute and excited.

She was very wobbly. It seemed to work best if I skated behind her and held her up.

After trying hard for a while Poppy said to me, "You're very good at this, and I am not." My ice skating skills are pretty minimal, but I appreciated the compliment.
I'm leaving in a few hours for a big trip to China with my parents and sister, so I don't have time to be posting this. And it's also making me more sad than I already was about leaving my girls. So I think I will stop now.

No comments: