++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Surprise Road Trip!

Out of the blue, my sister Kaitlin invited me to drive to Florida with her...and I had about a day to decide. So what did I do? Found babysitters, packed my bags, and went of course! It was wild and crazy, and I hardly knew what to do with myself without kids and a husband. But the spontaneity of it felt good after so many years of responsible adult living.

We broke up the trip by stopping to stay overnight with a friend in Atlanta on the way there and then meeting another good friend for dinner and a tour of her apartment in Nashville on the way back. We definitely made that drive count.

At Cape San Blas, Florida we stayed in this darling beach house. The Dr. Seuss-looking tree helped us find our way back from the ocean. Andria and Luke (and Luke's brother and SIL Caleb and Laura) were there for the week and kindly invited us to stay in the extra bedroom. Huge shout out to them!

Wells came along and much enjoyed the beach and the cousins.

And here is our little Robinson Crusoe (aka Noah). I spent some quality time with this guy...talking, doing a puzzle, taking a long walk on the beach together. The walk was actually his idea, which I thought was really adorable.

I didn't take many photos of the inside of this house. It was beautiful. I loved the floor to ceiling curtains...and the view from the porch, of course.

We had a bonfire on the beach the last night. 

The kids wore glow stick jewelry and caught giant crabs

Thank you for asking me to come along, Kait. It's been a long time since we've had an adventure together.

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

Awwww...fun to see your pictures Ash ;) Super sweet one of Noah and his "raft" thanks for snapping that one. :D

leah said...

oh my word, this sounds amazing. i love spontaneous adventures! :)