++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Things

Our frequent backyard visitors. They were surrounding Poppy's tricycle and sniffing at it suspiciously. Poppy was convinced they were trying to ride it, but couldn't because they have four legs.

Little cousins all in a row (except for Cetty, who kept charging the camera). Lucette, Prim, Wells, and Gisella...all less than four months apart!

 While I was away for the evening Poppy decided it was a good idea to try swinging from the chandelier in the dining room. She pulled the entire light out of the ceiling, fell, and cut her foot pretty badly on the broken light bulbs. Bry handled it like a champ with antibiotic ointment and a man-size heap of Hello Kitty bandaids. And I think Poppy learned her lesson. She kept saying, "I will never hang from the light again!" 

March Madness. My bracket wasn't overly impressive, but I continue to hold my place as the reigning champ in our house.
 My chosen prize this year: A serving cart for the dining room. Bry was pretty depressed that he didn't win his leaf blower and keeps talking about how much we need it (see photo #1). I have a feeling he might cheat and come home from Lowes with one soon. 
 I also had a birthday in March. For part of the evening's surprise plans, Bry took me to a flower market (where we bought our wedding ranunculus), and let me pick out whatever I wanted. I found a shiny vase and some roses to fill it. They look pinkish here, but they were more of a muted purple with green around the  edges…so unique and very pretty. I like birthdays. 

1 comment:

emilykate said...

Oh my - glad she's okay!

So fun that all those cousins are so close in age!

Love those flowers. I would buy fresh flowers every week for our house if it was in the budget. They lift my spirits SO much.