++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter Things

So, I think most of us agree that winter is horrible. And those of you who do like winter are weird. But there are a few bright spots in this dreary season. I'm choosing to focus on those...

1. Christmas (of course)…and all of the festivities, decorations, and overall celebrating of Christ that are involved in that

For the first year ever,  Bry and I actually had a Christmas tree. This was the  night before Christmas Eve, when I stayed up until almost 2am wrapping presents by myself while drinking Yogi tea and listening to Christmas music. It was very peaceful and nice. 

Our little doll ornaments…this is Cetty with the brown hair and Poppy with the "dark orange," as she prefers to call it.



My favorite gift of the year from us…Poppy's very own Bible (an awesome version for kids)

2. Twinkly lights

3. Time with family 

These are the little cousins from Bry's dad's side.
(Note: Don't worry, there will be another post about Christmas with the immediate families to come)

4. Purdue basketball. Boiler up!

5. A new snow suit for Poppy, lots of snow, and a cool dad who is willing to brave the frigid temps to make memories with his little girl

 6. Snow slushies

Vanilla, maple syrup, milk, and snow. Maybe not the most hygienic of choices, but one of the flavors that reminds me the most vividly of my childhood. 

7. Snow days!

 We have been snowed in with some of my family for the past couple of days, which means a winter wonderland outside and craziness inside. There has been a whole lot of Settlers, science experiments involving boiling water and subzero temperatures, QuizUp battles on our iPhones, mom's pumpkin cookies, Loaded Questions, Lord of the Rings, and a crazy night walk during the blizzard because we're just that adventurous.

4 comments:

Shana said...

:) Winston has that bible as his (next step up bible) I love it! & the snow slushies sound yummy... I think I'm going to have to try that

Heather Hoerr said...

Beck has that bible too and we love it. All the stories point to Christ which is neat.
Those snow slushies sound good - I'm curious!
It sounds like you're taking advantage of being snowed in more than we are. :)

Christen Leigh said...

I agree...winter is pretty terrible. ;) I always am so thankful holidays are in the winter--it brings such a necessary element of coziness and joy! Your tree and decor were adorable....as was your whole house! Truly magazine-worthy and inspiring. You have a gift. :) Love you--enjoy being snowed in (and maybe getting out today?)

J and A said...

We bought that Bible (and the accompanying cd) for Liam for Christmas as well. I love that the stories point out to Jesus, though I think the illustrations cater more towards adults then children (at least he likes his other Bible pictures more). As for the slushies... I've never heard of them but I think I will have to try it the next time it snows a decent bit. You will have to post the recipe quantities :)