++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Conversations with Poppy

I love it when toddlers start to talk. It's just so much fun to hear what's on their mind and learn more about their completely unique personalities. I need to start writing down our conversations because I know if I don't then I'll forget these days and they'll be gone forever.

This week, Poppy informed me that she had "stinks in diaper." When I asked her why she didn't use the potty, she gave me one of her dramatic faces that she's so good at and said with a sigh, "Too tired a go potty." To which I replied (while trying not to laugh), "Well, then I guess it's time for a nap." Her answer to that was of course a quick and emphatic, "No, don't like it nap!"

And then later that day...

In passing I made the comment, "You're my buddy, Poppy. We have fun together, don't we?" I didn't expect her to answer, but without skipping a beat she looked at me with a big smile and said, "Yeah, two girls!"

I love that we get to spend our days as the two girls. And in three and a half months there will be three of us. That makes me very happy.

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

:)

emilykate said...

So cute. Sounds like her personality matches her looks...