++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, July 2, 2012

...And Back Again

A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of traveling with my cousins Taye and Taryn G. to visit my SIL Javon in Japan (she's there for a three-month stay). It was an incredible trip. Japan is a very special and beautiful country with an intricate culture all its own. I was smitten.

It's also a very photogenic place, and so I couldn't help but take over a thousand pictures, but I'll spare you all. These are a few of my favorites...
Gardens at our restaurant the first night
Tuna auction at the early morning fish market in Tokyo
Waiting in line for two hours at the famous Sushi-Dai restaurant
Breakfast, Japanese style, at Sushi-Dai
Lanterns at Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa, Tokyo
Rickshaw at Asakusa
Birds-eye view of Tokyo
Kinkaku-ji, Golden Pavilion, Temple in Kyoto
School girls in Kyoto
Tranquility at the Rioan-ji Rock Garden in Kyoto
Rioan-ji Temple
Riverside in Kyoto
Train Station in the rain
Hundreds of torii gates at the Fushimi Inari shrine
The great Mt. Fuji
The front step of our Ryokan in Kyoto
Botanical Gardens in Tokyo
The fog before the typhoon in Karuizawa
Sunset Point above Karuizawa
The Stone Church in Karuizawa
Shiraito Falls in Karuizawa
Clear, cold water filtered down from the top of the mountain

4 comments:

leah said...

wow! these are just beautiful! :)

Daveana said...

Beautiful pictures Ashton! I can imagine what the remaining thousand ;) look like! Appears like you had a wonderful fun time with Javon and the girls! :D

javon said...

I love seeing these pics again. And it's funny too, because now I have pretty similar ones with nick :) well, not all for sure. he never got to see the famous tuna auction, although he did get to see me buy a crab at the wholesale auction. speaking all japanese, buying the crab still alive, the whole shabang! Thanks for posting the pics!

Christen Leigh said...

Japan looks so full of culture and amazing. This makes me want to go....It had never really been on my list of place I want to travel to, but I don't know why. Especially now that I see how cool it is!

I fee like a broken record....but I do miss you! Hopefully we can hang out sometime in the near future. :)