++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Spalding Residency: Spring 2012

What an intense, challenging, and incredible 10 days! There's nothing quite like residency. I learned, and learned, and learned some more. They pack a semester's worth of workshop, lectures, panels, readings and events into that short week and a half. 

It was fun to finally be on the actual campus of the university I'm "attending," and I had such a great time exploring Louisville and reconnecting with my Spalding friends!
Kristin (a friend from my Barcelona residency)
and my adorable roommate, Farah
The Louisville waterfront at sunset
Since she's from Singapore,
we made Farah sit here and pretend to be a cheesy tourist

The lobby at The Brown, the hotel
where most of us stayed during the residency
An alum from Spalding came back
to play and sing for us one night
Spalding campus...my favorite place to sit and study 
A beautiful, hidden garden on campus
Farah was very excited to see a "real" moose for the first time
My friend Amy and her drinks all in a row
The crazy Lynn's Paradise Cafe...
you have to go if you're ever in Louisville
A farewell breakfast with some of the group from last summer's residency in Italy 

1 comment:

Shana said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun :) YAY loved the pics!