++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grandpa

My grandpa's funeral was Monday. It was a whirlwind weekend full of people and emotions, but yet strangely peaceful too. It's amazing that death can be a happy time when we know Christ.

But I will still miss him. He was an incredible man. One of the most tireless, passionate, giving, and fearless Christians I know. It didn't seem right to see him so still.

Thank you for the legacy, Grandpa. And for the memories...the kisses on the cheek, the laughter, and the many, many root beer floats.

I opened up to I Corinthians 15 the day after the funeral. It was like a little hug from God.

For He must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death...death is swallowed up in victory. O death where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

No comments: