++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, January 4, 2016

So the Holidays are Over

They come, they conquer, and then they move on…meaning the holidays, but that could also apply to the houseful of kids at my family Christmas. I know everyone says the holidays go by quickly but for us it is a literal blur. Still, I wouldn't trade a single one of these precious little people for anything. Plus kids are the best at celebrating the magic of Christmas (when they aren't melting down from the overstimulation).
 Notice how gently and lovingly Cetty is holding her doll by the hair. I'm so glad I'll have her to help with the new baby. 


My sister's mother-in-law is too sweet and sent a Christmas package for the girls all the way from Japan. They were totally into the origami...As well as making crazy faces when I told them to smile for a photo. As you can see though, they are capable of looking deceptively docile when they want to.

So I know it's not about the gifts, but some are just too great not to mention. Bry's mom made a beautiful white canvas and lace teepee for the girls that I can't wait to set up in our house once they deliver it in their vehicle that is bigger than ours. She also had a local carpenter make a multi-purpose puppet theater/lemonade stand/cafe window for them that is seriously impressive, though big enough that it will probably be staying in their basement for a while. And for me, a svelte new camera to replace my clunky dinosaur with the fickle shutter button that only worked when it was in the mood. It's been fun playing with my first Nikon (the D5500), and hopefully you'll be seeing some fab new photos on the blog soon as a result. 

And now it's back to reality. No more free vacations days for Bry, the Christmas tree is drying out and dropping pine needles everywhere, and I'm about to start my third trimester! Eek!

Speaking of the tree and the baby, it made me so happy this year to put up these perfect ornaments that I bought long ago, before I knew we would have three girls. 
An "orange"-haired Poppy

A brown-haired Lucette

And baby girl #3, whose hair is apparently destined to be black. 
(teaser: I think we've decided on the name!)

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

oh my, I can't wait to hear that name! :)

L, Ann and boys said...

those little ornaments totally sealed the deal on three girls! :D can't wait for that name either!!! :)

Shana said...

Love the quick switch in their smiles haha. Also, I cannot wait to hear the name ;)