++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Soccer Game

The Saturday before Mother's Day Cetty had a stomach bug. The poor thing threw up all day until nothing came out and then threw up some more.
It was so bad that she hardly stood up that whole day, even though we were at one of her favorite places, Bry's mom and dad's house. At one point she fell asleep with her blanket on the cold tile floor. 

On Sunday she still had a fever so I stayed home from church and was tempted to feel sorry for myself, especially since I recall the girls being very sick last year on Mother's Day. It's like they were doing it on purpose or something. 

But then after church Bry took a shift so Poppy and I could go to my mom and dad's where my entire family was. And this happened…
Uncles and cousins, big and little, playing soccer together in the spring grass while the sun set. It was one of the most peaceful, breathtaking evenings. The kind that makes you realize how thankful you should be. 

No comments: