++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Trip to the Orchard

I've decided that picking apples is a very good way to celebrate fall. And eating the applesauce and apple butter that comes from your hard work is even better! 

It was my first time attempting anything of that sort since helping my mom as a little girl. And really, it wasn't difficult at all. Especially after discovering that you can make apple butter in the crock pot and you don't even have to stir it!

Heather, Beckham, Kyra, and Emerson joined us for the day, and it was lots of fun with friends. We may have to make it a tradition. At least for the cute-little-kids-in-the-orchard pictures if nothing else.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Cute orchard pics! I love fall traditions :) Apple butter-yum!

Heather Hoerr said...

thanks for organizing the trip.. definitely going to have to make that a tradition. I'm already wanting another apple cider slushie :)

Christen Leigh said...

I love apples! Last year I made applesauce for the first time--I'm hoping to this year, too!