++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Best Day of My Life

My Dad doesn't have cancer anymore.

I'm still trying to get used to the sound of this.

The surgeon called today with the pathology report, and he gave us the best Christmas gift possible. Against all odds, my dad's tumor was a low-grade neuroendocrine tumor, and it doesn't appear to have spread. Which means that there's a 90% chance that our fight is over forever, before it had barely begun. And no chemo.

My dad has been given back to us. The surgeon, and everyone else, was shocked. It looks like God performed a miracle.

Yesterday, before I heard the news, I read this quote by C.S. Lewis...

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see."

This is God's love.

And the rest of the miracle is all of the people who instantly rallied around my dad, lifting him up in prayer and in love. We have learned so much from all of those we are blessed to call friends. Thank you for your part in this.

Glory to God in the highest.

8 comments:

smw said...

this is just so wonderful. praising God with all of you!!

sarah.flyingkites said...

amazing and wonderful!!

Rachel said...

You and your family have been constantly in our prayers the past few weeks Ash. Like you, I could hardly beleive the news when I heard it! God is so good. Now we are rejoicing and praising the Lord with you!

Dmasy said...

We pray. We believe. Wonderful, fantastic Christmas news. I feel sorrow for all those who pray with equal passion and don't receive such a miracle. I pray they find a way to feel God's grace and goodness also. See you soon. Love...

leah said...

rejoicing with you!!! was just giddy when i read the caring bridge site! glory to our GOD!

Shana said...

What an answer to prayer!!! Overwhelmed with God's awesomeness :) So happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

Yay and PTL!! I have been rejoicing with you from afar! Miss you and praying you have a wonderful Christmas....I'm sure you will. Also, happy almost anniversary!

Daish said...

Praising God with you, Ashton! I still feel in awe for you guys!!