++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Keys!

We closed on our town home yesterday. Hooray, it's finally real! We have our own keys to the front door. I'm so excited to get settled again and make a new place our home.

But truth be told, there are some things I will miss about being homeless.

Seeing things like this while staying with my sister, for example...
Yes, that's my nephew Christian's head popping out from the side of the wall. (he may have had a little help from Bry.)

We also learned a lot the past three months. Things like...
  • Our family is amazing
  • Our friends are amazing
  • It's good to be flexible
  • Living out of a suitcase for months on end is possible (though not ideal)
  • We want to open our house and hearts to others like people have for us
  • Don't drink kombucha tea next to other people's laptop computers (Yikes...ask my sister Andria about that one)
  • We are so blessed to actually have somewhere to call home
Thank you, thank you to everyone that let us stay with them and helped us get through this transition time!

There may be some before-and-after decorating posts to come. Bring on the paint! And stop by any time, we'd love to see you.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Ashton! I'm so excited for your little family and your new home :) EEE! Yay home projects ;) Love you!Hope you have a Great Christmas!

L, Ann and boys said...

I love that picture =) I'm typing on the computer we got from Caleb-yay. Hope your Christmas has been wonderful, see you Sun.

An