++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mackinac Island

What a beautiful place! We went with Bry's family over 4th of July weekend and had such a good time. There are no cars on the island and it was a very nice change of pace...the sound of horse's hooves on brick streets is one of my favorites.

There are millions of pictures I want to post so this is going to be hard...
My hotty husband on the ferry ride over
Every day they fly kites over the island at this lookout. For some reason I loved the idea.
There were tennis courts high up on the island in the middle of the woods...it was a good hike and probably the prettiest place I've ever played tennis.
Miniature golfing (matching outfits not intended)...again, probably the prettiest place I've ever mini golfed. Not your average putt-putt course with giant plastic zoo animals.
Dinner on the lawn at The Carriage House with the harbor behind us. Very fun...I liked the antique china and silverware.
We visited the local library and it was absolutely adorable...this is the view from their back porch. I love libraries anyway so I was pretty happy here.
We stayed at the Island House Hotel so this is a fun picture. It was a very cute place with a big front porch full of rocking chairs and little fires on the lawn at night for people to roast marshmallows.
One of my favorite places on the island. Rolling green hill with beautiful trees and white stone benches. Bry and I spent a few heavenly hours here lounging and reading in the grass.
Fireworks over the lake on the 4th...amazing!
Our last morning. Waiting for the ferry to take us back to the real world.

1 comment:

Daveana said...

Awesome pics! It looks like an amazing place to go to. Especially loved the last picture! Great family shot, except it's only missing you. :)